We can add CName record to our DNS (Domain Name System) file for domain registration in Godaddy. For using Google cloud services, there are need to add a Cname record to domain’s DNS settings. It needs to customize a web address, verify domain ownership and reset your administration password. CNAME records use a domain prefix, as blog.example.com to point another domain name. Why use cname record DNS Godaddy for subdomain?
What is CNAME?
“A CNAME has full form as Canonical Name record is a type of DNS record. It maps an alias name to a true or canonical domain name. CNAME records or Alias Records allows to create aliases correspond to existing A records or Host Records. It is helpful because they make it easier to manage if you are pointing multiple domain names to the same host.”
What the role of CNAME in Godaddy?
CNAME records will make your DNS data easier to manage. If a CNAME record points to A Host record, you can create multiple CNAME records and points them to A record.
How to add CNAME record for a subdomain?
For configuring a CNAME record for a subdomain, select the subdomain. Subdomain for choose you will find it from my domain page and click the DNS tab. Now click on “Add record” button and choose CNAME as the type. And then enter the Hostname, the value and select a TTL.
Create the CNAME record with Godaddy
If you have not registered a domain name with Godaddy, you can add a CNAME using DNS hosting. To create a CNAME record in the DNS settings, follow such steps for further down the page.
- Firstly login to your Godaddy account and navigate to your product to open.
- Select your domain name from the list of Domain Setting page.
- Scroll on the Additional Settings and select Manage DNS option.
- On the header of DNS Manager, click to Launch.
- Under the record page, click ADD to add a new record.
- Choose a subdomain name which you want to point your Cloudways applications.
- Record types choose A (Host).
- Under option Host type www.
- And as a value enter an IP address of your server.
- Give a time value as TTL (Time to live) such as 600 seconds or use default one.
- Click on save, to complete a process.
It can take up to 72 hours for DNS changes to go into effect. You are purchasing a domain from a Google partner and signing up for your Google cloud account. Then, you have not needed to add a CNAME record to verify domain ownership. Because Godaddy already knows that you are an owner of a domain.