When it comes to web designing everything should be done for the user. That means you will need to keep the users in your mind always when you design a website. The first thing to do is to understand user intent.
User intent is actually the information that the users look for in a site after conducting a search query. User intent is primarily based on the context of search queries and keywords. This is just putting the thing simply but in order to ensure a successful user experience, it is extremely necessary to expand this concept.
Time and again most of the website developers NYC focus on the aesthetics of the websites. They often overlook the user intent and experience and therefore they do not know how they will like and navigate the site.
A site may be pretty to look at but may be useless if the users cannot find the necessary information from your site. When it comes to understanding your users you will need to look for specific things such as:
- How they are finding or liking your site
- How they are or whether they are at all interacting with your site and
- Are they purchasing after visiting your site.
These facts will allow you to design a website that is more user-friendly and will provide the users a high level of experience. It will also help you to eliminate those confusing and unnecessary calls to action.
Organize the traffic patterns
Your ultimate aim in web design Brampton should be to increase conversions. For this you will have to focus and think beyond SEO. Thinking of user intent is one such way to reach your business goal as well as that of your users on your site.
You will need to know the traffic patterns and organize it while studying user intent. You will have to:
- Identify your specific groups
- Know their specific needs and then
- Address their needs according to each individual user.
This will ensure that you provide them with exactly what they want and need from you, but most importantly it will help you to make sure that the users experience provided by your site is just as intended.
There are three specific categories in which you can judge the traffic pattern you are seeing. These tried and tested ways are:
- First, identify the pattern of the informational users. These are those users who simply look for more and better information about your product, your brand, your business and the ways in which they can contact you.
- Second, you need to identify the educational users. These are those specific users who are looking for more industry specific info and topics. They look for the answers to their problems especially that will fulfill their need for which they do not have any specific solution yet in mind.
- Lastly, you should identify the transactional users which happen to be the favorite group of all business owners. These transactional users will download something from the site or sign up for the newsletter and even make a purchase. These users are more specific and precisely visit any site having a clear plan of action.
When you identify your users correctly, you will be able to provide them with the intent you want to execute.
Determining user intent
Once you have identified your users correctly, you will need to determine their intent. For this you will have to identify and analyze each of the traffic patterns of each of these groups. The best way to determine your user intent is to analyze the Google Analytics and Users Flow report. This will help you to:
- Track the source of the users
- What they do after visiting your site and
- Which specific area of your site they leave.
This will help you to configure and set up the users flow report. This will save a lot of time and effort but will ensure that you deliver according to the user intent with a better site design. In short, the users flow report will help you identify and eradicate the trouble spots in your site.
Organizing the navigation bar
After you have identified your users, know the trouble spots after analysis you will need to focus your efforts on organizing the navigation bar. This will help you to resolve the navigation issues as identified by the Users Flow report.
- You will need to follow a specific process for this that includes identifying the categories as well as the subcategories for your company, products and services.
- You will need to define everything clearly that will be easily understood by the users.
- You will also need to create a content hierarchy.
Make sure that you do not spend time on reinventing the wheel but maintain the required consistency that will help you to establish a convention. If you stray too far from the conventions it will frustrate your users and leave your site quickly.
User intent bucket approach
There are several methods that you can follow to ensure a better and higher user experience. However, the best way to organize your navigation bar is the ‘user intent bucket’ approach. This is the process that will enable you to determine which categories that you want to include at the top level.
- For the informational users you will need to create an “About Us” page where all the answers will be readily available about the company, the products and services, as well as the area of operation.
- For the educational users you will need to create a blog or any instructional content to provide info regarding the trends, the industry, the different issues, solutions and other common industry questions.
- For the transactional users you need to design more product specific pages that will help the users to make a purchase and make their buying process simpler and clearer.
Therefore, to ensure your site provides the best user experience you will need to know the types of your users, their intent and wants. This will help you to put everything in one place in a more organized way.